[infinispan-dev] TableManipulation refactoring

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:57:27 EDT 2010

There are two on-going issues related with TableManipulation at the moment:

    https://jira.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-686
    https://jira.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-698

They both are related with vendor specific behavior, and the current
implementation uses switch-cases to deal with the differences between
vendors.  Could we instead use inheritance to make the code look cleaner
and easier to maintain?  Hibernate does so:

http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/hibernate/core/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/dialect/

Also, the properties like custom types, names, prefixes, fetch/batch
sizes could be moved to AbstractJdbcCacheStoreConfig (or its subclass
because we have mixed JDBC store) instead of exposing TableManipulation
directly to a user?

--
http://gleamynode.net/