[infinispan-dev] Native CacheStore implementation?

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Oct 12 12:43:00 EDT 2010

On 12 Oct 2010, at 14:47, 이희승 (Trustin Lee) wrote:

> Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 15:33, "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <trustin at gmail.com
>> <mailto:trustin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    Currently, we have two local CacheStore implementations - BDBJE and
>>    JDBM.
>>

>> Correction: there is also the FileCacheStore.
>
> You are right.  I missed that, argh! :)
>
> How does it perform then comparing to BDBJE and JDBM?  Out of curiosity,
> if there is a good file-based cache store implementation, why BDBJE and
> JDBM backends were introduced?
One reason is that FileCacheStore is not good with transactions.Transactions & cache stores will get more attention in 5.0. Also FileCacheStore is a BucketBasedCacheStore which might not be good if keys hash in the same bucket.
I like your idea of native cache store though, and I think as long as we can outperform the other stores we should only maintain that one.