[infinispan-dev] Native CacheStore implementation?

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 05:12:26 EDT 2010

Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

>>> I think that depends on how solid and fast FileCacheStore is.  If it's
>>> good, more people will use it.  For now, not many people seem to use it
>>> and that might be why we don't hear much about it.
>> We explicitly  discourage people to use file cache store:  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/CacheLoaders#Shipped_Implementations
>
> I don't think that's totally right actually. JBoss AS has been using the FileCacheStore in JBoss Cache for EJB3 SFSB passivation and HTTP session passivation and afaik, I haven't heard any complaints from them.
>
> So, there must be something right about it and we're not talking about sporadic use here. Remember that this is actually part of the supported EAP 5.x as well.
>
> Granted that using FCS as shared cache store is crazy, but there's a valid use for local use.

Perhaps stupid question: what does FCS stand for? :)

FileCacheStore might perform fairly well on a very good filesystem
implementation such as those available in Linux, but it can be improved
to perform even better, especially in less optimal filesystems like NTFS.

It's obviously not a high priority task, but I think we need to spend
some time on it in background for later harvest.

Cheers,
Trustin

--
Trustin Lee - http://gleamynode.net/