[infinispan-dev] EvictionListener.preEvict() vs postEvict()

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:13:43 EDT 2010

Is there a reason why we have two listener methods for eviction?  Can we
affect the behavior of the eviction if we do something in preEvict()?
To me, it seems like we cannot and I failed to see what benefits there
are to have the two listener methods.

Also, preEvict() has no value parameter, but the value of the
to-be-evicted entry seems to be always known when preEvict() is called.
 Is there a reason why preEvict() doesn't have the value parameter?

I also wonder modifying the EvictionListener interface will affect the
users breaking the backward compatibility with 4.1.  I merely thought it
will break the backward compatibility because it's a public interface,
but I realized that it might not be the case while I'm investigating
ISPN-703, which also makes changes in the public interface.

Thanks in advance,
Trustin

--
Trustin Lee - http://gleamynode.net/