[infinispan-dev] Clustering without mode

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Oct 22 07:01:18 EDT 2010

Yes I just saw that.  That clearly is a bug - since the <clustering> tag should imply some form of non-local clustering.  And I thought the default was DIST_SYNC.  But I wonder how we'd deal with that now, since by changing the default we may end up breaking existing cfg files.  It is even documented as a default of LOCAL.

http://docs.jboss.org/infinispan/4.1/apidocs/config.html#ce_default_clustering

On a side note, the config validator needs more detail as well.  E.g., defining a repl queue for a cluster mode of DIST should not be allowed.  I'll create a JIRA for this.

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan
Lead, JBoss Cache
http://www.infinispan.org