[infinispan-dev] 4.2.ALPHA4 contains errors in schema

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 18:49:46 EDT 2010

Hello all,
I was successfully using 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT before the ALPHA4, and I'm
also successful in using it just after the release,
but if I try pinning the version to 4.2.0-ALPHA4 my builds fail with
"Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
Attribute 'strictPeerToPeer' is not allowed to appear in element
'transport'."

Indeed the schema included in the release doesn't include the new
"strictPeerToPeer" attribute, but lists it in the sequence, as the
properties (see below).

Strange thing is that versions I tested just before the release where
fine, and the schema I get when building it now from 4.2 branch are
also correct.

4.2.0-ALPHA4 contains:

<xs:complexType name="transportType">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="tns:abstractConfigurationBeanWithGCR">
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:element name="properties" type="tns:propertiesType"
minOccurs="0"/>
          <xs:element name="strictPeerToPeer" type="xs:boolean" minOccurs="0"/>
        </xs:sequence>
        <xs:attribute name="clusterName" type="xs:string"/>
        <xs:attribute name="distributedSyncTimeout" type="xs:long"/>
        <xs:attribute name="nodeName" type="xs:string"/>
        <xs:attribute name="transportClass" type="xs:string"/>
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

4.2.0-SNAPSHOT (correct):

<xs:complexType name="transportType">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="tns:abstractConfigurationBeanWithGCR">
        <xs:sequence>
          <xs:element name="properties" type="tns:propertiesType"
minOccurs="0"/>
        </xs:sequence>
        <xs:attribute name="clusterName" type="xs:string"/>
        <xs:attribute name="distributedSyncTimeout" type="xs:long"/>
        <xs:attribute name="nodeName" type="xs:string"/>
        <xs:attribute name="strictPeerToPeer" type="xs:boolean"/>
        <xs:attribute name="transportClass" type="xs:string"/>
      </xs:extension>
    </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>

any idea of how this could happen?
Having this schema makes Alpha4 unusable for me.

Cheers,
Sanne