[infinispan-dev] Native CacheStore implementation?

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Oct 25 07:54:29 EDT 2010

On 14 Oct 2010, at 08:32, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> What exactly do you guys mean by 'native'? Something like what HornetQ guys did? Or your talking more about adapting an existing cache store impl library to suit our type of ops?

I would actually like to see a LibAIO based impl for Linux.  Similar in some ways who what HornetQ has, but with some crucial differences: HQ uses this as a file journal, which is sequentially accessed and always appended to.  We would need random access, and most likely some sort of hash/bucket system to ensure quick lookup on keys.

But I must stress that this cannot be high prio for now - we could spend a few spare cycles and sketch up a design on the wiki, or maybe even invite designs from the community, and see who contribs impls, for now.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan