[infinispan-dev] 4.2.ALPHA4 contains errors in schema

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Oct 25 08:48:44 EDT 2010

You're right, it has to do with the actual release :(

Short story:
- 4.2.ALPHA4 is released from trunk. Commit 2533 (containing XSD element change) was not migrated from 4.2 to trunk -> hence the incorrect XSD.

Long(er) story:
- bin/release.py besides the release version also receives the *branch* param which wasn't supplied.
 I *assumed* that released branch is the same branch from where the script is run - couldn't be more wrong! (note to self: RTFM!!!!)

Suggested solutions:
 - re-run the release correctly?
 -  wait until beta which should come this week

In both situations I'll send an email to the mailing list clarifying the situation.

Cheers,
Mircea