[infinispan-dev] Cloud-TM & Infinispan

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Oct 25 12:26:45 EDT 2010

Greetings and welcome to this list, Paolo.  :)

As you said your starting point is looking at the replication mechanisms.  We discussed the current 2-phase scheme in detail when I was in Lisbon, and I am very keen on an alternate atomic broadcast style approach.  You presented a few different approaches even within the broader atomic broadcast umbrella, so it makes sense to make this layer pluggable so we can work with different implementations.

Have you had a look at the existing 2-phase scheme to see how an alternate scheme can fit in, and where we'd need to introduce layers of abstraction?

Cheers
Manik