[infinispan-dev] exceptions and locking policy

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Sep 6 06:13:55 EDT 2010

On 6 Sep 2010, at 10:52, Mircea Markus wrote:

> - InvocationContextInterceptor releases locks on all keys associated with this call, but doesn't care if the call is in a tx or not so it doesn't rollback tx or release tx locks (this logic rather belongs  in LockingInterceptor)

And a quick comment on the last part of that statement, no.  The logic should be in the InvocationContextInterceptor otherwise it won't trap any exceptions that happen in between the IvocationContextInterceptor and the LockingInterceptor.

We know that the InvocationContextInterceptor will always be the first interceptor in the chain so it is in a privileged position to see any exceptions propagated further down the chain.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
Lead, Infinispan