[infinispan-dev] support for extending Infinispan

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Mon Sep 13 12:19:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've been working on an POC for continuous-query in ISPN. This runs on top of Drools, and is a independent mvn module.
One of the things I needed to do was broadcasting remote commands and make them available in the interceptor chain. As Infinispan does only support a fixed number of Commands and I cannot  (and don't want to) add a new command as I am in a different module, I hacked the PutKeyValue: on special key values, my interceptors know that  they should handle it. This way, PutKeyValue is not a put per se, but a way to facilitate RPC and an ugly hack :)
I was thinking that a GenericCommand that would contain a Map of parameters would be handy for this scenario. Also a method on the visitor, visitGenericCommand. This would allow integration projects (like cq) to be done nicely. If this sounds appealing I can detail..

Cheers,
Mircea