[infinispan-dev] RPCs for non-existant caches ought not throw exception

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Sep 13 13:12:16 EDT 2010

So in essence a "correct" response would be:

1)  If the cache is stopping -> ACK with a ValidResponse
2)  If the cache is starting, try and wait till we can accept the RPC
3)  If the cache doesn't exist, ACK with a valid response as well?  Surely this will lead to inconsistencies, since the RPC originator will assume the RPC has completed when in fact nothing has happened?