[infinispan-dev] support for extending Infinispan

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Sep 14 02:53:31 EDT 2010

Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Maybe it could be possible to reserve some command numbers for
> experiments? Or allow pluggable invocations?
> I'd especially love an API to send a specific method with parameters
> (like RMI) to the node owning a specific key - last time I mentioned
> this need Bela mentioned a new sort of multiplexer to reuse the
> JGroups channel, but at that time this was yet to be written.

Paul Ferraro wrote it, it's called
org.jgroups.blocks.mux.MuxRpcDispatcher, and the corresponding unit test
is MuxRpcDispatcherTest; it shows you how to use it. The benefit is that
it can reuse the same JGroups channel which Infinispan uses.

Take a look at it and see if this can be used...

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team