[infinispan-dev] Collocated nodes

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 14:43:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

In order to complete ISPN-180 lets agree on a definition of collocated nodes. So, when are two nodes collocated? It depends on what we have defined as additional metadata node input (i.e machineId, rackId, and/or siteId). If we have defined only machineIds then the answer is obvious. However, if we have defined machineId, rackId, and/or siteId for all nodes is it then that the non-collocated nodes are the ones having different siteId? In another worlds if nodes have different machineId and rackId but the same siteId are they collocated?

Thanks,
Vladimir