[infinispan-dev] Spring Infinispan finished for now

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 08:20:31 EDT 2011

On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Olaf Bergner wrote:

> Hey Galder,
>
> I already started wondering where all you guys might have gone to. It was getting lonely on this list ...

Hahaha. We've got plenty on our plates right now with fair few conferences coming up, 5.0 releases, people on holiday...etc.

So please, bear with us during any potential quiet periods :)

>> Hey Olaf,

>> when navigating through the code?
>>> Well, I'm not an expert on Git. All I can say that I just made a fresh
>>>
>>> git clone https://github.com/obergner/spring-infinispan.git
>>> cd spring-infinispan
>>> mvn clean package
>>>
>>> and that everything went smoothly. What are the exact steps needed to
>>> reproduce your problems?
>>
>> Dunno, it's the GitHub UI that was causing problems. Cloning worked fine.
>>

> Just checked back on GitHub. So far, I don't have any problems walking the source tree.
>
>> I had a look at your code and had a comment:
>>
>> DCM.getCacheNames() already returns an immodifiable collection, so no need
>> to do the same in SpringEmbeddedCacheManager.getCacheNames
>
> Fine, I'll remove that bit of code.

>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-984 for the time being since we don't want to polute
>> the Hot Rod protocol
>>> Hey! You just nuked a splendid opportunity to learn me some Scala!
>>
>> Hahaha, there's plenty of other Scala related work if that's what you
>> might be interested :). For example:
>>
>> http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/ISPN-374
>
> This does indeed look interesting, but right now I'm wading kneedeep in Large Object Support. Will put ISPN-374 on my todo list, though.

Just note that Manik has been the primary force behind that Large Object API and he's on vacation right now, so it might take a bit of time for him to reply. I'll try to reply to your questions if possible.

> Oh, and I just noticed next week you'll be giving a talk on Infinispan during a conference in Berlin. I'll try to get that days off so that we might meet. After all, Berlin is more or less just around the corner. Might be that my job does not allow that, though.

Indeed, I'm speaking in Berlin next Thursday. In fact, working on the presentation right now - Looking forward to Berlin :)

> Cheers,
> Olaf
>
> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache