[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Large Scale support

david marion dlmarion at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:45:42 EDT 2011

  Good news! I was able to use the system property from ISPN-83 and remove the FLUSH from the jgroups config with 4.2.1.FINAL, and start-up times are much much better. We have a replicated cache on about 420+ nodes up in under 2 minutes. I am seeing an issue with the distributed cache though with as little as 5 nodes.

  In the coordinator log I see

org.infinispan.distribution.DistributionmanagerImpl: Detected a view change. Member list changed.......
org.infinispan.distribution.DistributionmanagerImpl: This is a JOIN event! Wait for notification from new joiner <name>

  In the log from the joining node I see:

org.infinispan.distribution.JoinTask: Commencing rehash on node: <name>. Before start, distributionManager.joinComplete=false
org.infinispan.distribution.JoinTask: Requesting old consistent hash from coordinator

  I jstack'd the joiner, the DefaultCacheManager.getCache() method is waiting on org.infinispan.distribution.DistributionManagerImpl.waitForJoinToComplete() and the Rehasher thread
  is waiting on:

at org.infinispan.util.concurrent.ReclosableLatch.await(ReclosableLatch.java:75)
at org.infinipsan.remoting.transport.jgroups.JGroupsDistSync.blockUntilNoJoinsInProgress(JGroupsDistSync.java:113)

Any thoughts?