[infinispan-dev] JMX operations for recovery (ISPN-994)

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 04:38:25 EDT 2011

On Apr 4, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:

> On 4 Apr 2011, at 17:37, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> Mircea,
>>
>> What's the formatId:int and branchQualifier:byte[]? Where does the SA get this info from?
> This is the definition of the xid: http://download.oracle.com/javaee/1.3/api/javax/transaction/xa/Xid.html
> It is received from the TM

Right, I think I understand what you mean now. I think that then:

showInDoubtTransactions(): (xid:Xid, internalId:Long, status:String)

Should really be:

showInDoubtTransactions(): (formatId:int, branchQualifier:byte[], globalTxId:byte[], internalId:Long, status:String)

Correct? Otherwise, if you really wanna leave as showInDoubtTransactions returning xid:Xid, then it'd make sense having:

forceRollback(xid: Xid) : String
forceCommit(xid: Xid) : String

Wouldn't it?

>> Also, I'd assume that globalTxId:byte[] to the byte[] returned as part of showInDoubtTransactions() ?
> showInDoubtTransaction returns the Xid which includes globalTxXid.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> On Apr 4, 2011, at 1:46 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After taking it with Jonathan here is the list of JMX operations I want to add for recovery: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Transactionrecoverydesign#JMX_tooling_for_handling_in_doubt_transactions
>>> Any feedback appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers,