[infinispan-dev] conflicts resolution in DeltaAware

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Apr 20 13:45:49 EDT 2011

I think changing the merging interface won't solve your problem since as others have pointed out, the AtomicMap is locked based on its key.  So you won't be able to have concurrent updates to the AtomicMap anyway.

Mircea's suggestion of a Cache instance instead of an AtomicMap is _conceptually_ correct, but practically, don't do it!  One Cache instance per entity is way overkill.

Perhaps what you need is a different type of grouping structure, perhaps a FineGrainedMap, similar to an AtomicMap, which is locked based on a combination of map name and key accessed within the map.

Would need to think about how this works with the rest of the locking code...