[infinispan-dev] conflicts resolution in DeltaAware

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Apr 21 08:06:14 EDT 2011

On 21 Apr 2011, at 12:38, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> So behaviour is different depending on who happens to be the owner of
> the key I'm working on?
> In that case I'd propose that the local operations should behave as
> the remote, that would provide some consistency in behaviour - it's
> totally nice the implementation optimizes where it can, but this
> shouldn't leak out on different effects? Advertising Infinispan as
> MVCC I wouldn't expect it to acquire eager locks without explicitly
> asking for it.

MVCC really just allows for concurrent readers and one writer locally.  We don't do multi-write MVCC, since there is little point - one of the writers will inevitably fail since you can't deterministically merge multiple writes on a K/V store.  And letting the "last one" overwrite the rest is hard as well, since it depends on how you determine which update was the "last".  :-)

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani