[infinispan-dev] infinispan-spring module

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Apr 21 13:47:43 EDT 2011

On 21 Apr 2011, at 18:17, Olaf Bergner wrote:

> Hi Manik,
>
> Am 21.04.11 16:11, schrieb Manik Surtani:
>> Olaf,
>>
>> After discussing with Marius, maybe the best place for your work on the Infinispan Spring integration is a module within Infinispan itself.  I'm proposing infinispan-spring.  WDYT?
>>
> I'm fine with that. That way, we are not dependent on somebody else's
> decision and keep things under our control.

Precisely.

>> You can add this module to Infinispan's repository under the root (so, a 'spring' directory alongside 'core', etc).  I also think it makes sense to have this in 4.2.x and master branches.
>>
>> Thoughts?
> Since it's just a new module that doesn't affect the current code base
> in any way I too think that it makes sense to have this in 4.2.x. Are
> there any commit rules I should pay attention to? I.e. do I create this
> module in 4.2.x and merge that into master? Or the other way around? How
> do you usually handle this?

Since this is a new and clean module it doesn't matter which direction it goes.  Maybe commit into 4.2.x and cherry pick the commit onto master?  Remember that you still should use topic branches for each of these commits and issue a pull request to upstream.

http://community.jboss.org/wiki/InfinispanandGitHub

Also have a look at one of the other modules' pom.xml files (e.g., tree) to see how it inherits from infinispan-parent.

Cheers
Manik

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani