[infinispan-dev] Releasing 4.2.2.BETA1

Thomas P. Fuller thomas.fuller at coherentlogic.com
Mon Apr 25 14:09:48 EDT 2011

Hi Manik,

For some reason I was under the impression that version 4.2.1 was the final cut
for the 4.x series and that 5.x was going to be the focus thereafter.

As I can see this is wrong, however I've started working on integration for 5.x
at this point and have some time before Grails will upgrade it's internal
version of Hibernate to a version which is compatible with 5.x (hence people
will have to wait, or patch Grails with an updated version of Hibernate and see
what happens).

So I have two questions:

If you know, can you please give me an idea when development will permanently
cease for 4.x?

If you know,  can you give me an ETA when 5.x is going to GA?

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas P. Fuller,  MSc
Managing Director