[infinispan-dev] BeanUtils.getterMethod

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Aug 3 19:03:56 EDT 2011

2011/8/3 Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com>:
> I think it's supposed to be an automatic version of
> https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/config/GlobalConfiguration.java#L326
> I prefer the manual version in GlobalConfiguration, although I don't
> think there are any users for those components either.
>
> Dan

I was thinking something similar, but would like to know if it's still
used, somebody must know about this code?
Initially I thought it was some clever way to extract instances from a
user-customizable configuration instance, but since it's reflecting on
the static definition of Configuration it doesn't look like it's meant
to support extensions of it.

If it's used we could cache the references to existing methods and
track also which methods don't exist, so we limit the number of
exceptions to a single one per attempted method name (i.e. starting
500 caches would cost as starting one).