[infinispan-dev] First (rough) draft of Getting Started Guide

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 10:18:36 EDT 2011

On 4 Aug 2011, at 15:16, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Pete Muir wrote:

>>> I'm having a read through it. I'm fixing some stuff and maybe adding links to other parts, such as archetypes.
>>
>> Good point, we definitely need a section on the archetypes, I'll add a stub.

>>> Again, this content is in another space that is not Infinispan :( - why do people keep moving wikis from one space to another? can't you link?
>>>
>>> Anyway, glad to move this content over. I like the idea of quickstarts but a monitoring one requires downloading RHQ, so that'd be a decent size bundle.
>>
>> Ok. I guess we can add that as a separate download? i.e. download the quick start + download RHQ?
>
> No, I think it should still be a bundle altogether. It makes it harder to make a mistake if we provide it all in one bundle.
>
> My worry was more towards where it will be available for download. For example, the community JBoss wiki had some strict limitations about the size of attachments.

Gotcha. We can either make it available as part of the quickstart download (which lives on download.jboss.org and is linked from jboss.org/infinispan/downloads) or as a separate download bundle in the same place, just for this quickstart, if it's too large. Either way, quickstarts live in git at github.com/infinispan/infinispan-quickstart