[infinispan-dev] Starting caches in parallel

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Aug 4 11:06:55 EDT 2011

> Hmmmm, not sure about the warn message. Surely a no-op and if it's no-op from the 2nd time onwards, what's the warning about?

My reasoning is that if you're starting caches multiple times, then
you're likely expecting Infinispan to support asymmetric clusters.

Many expect asymmetric clusters to just work, not all realize that
they are wrong until in a late development stage: it's obviously
unlikely that people test their application in cluster in its early
design phases.
This had bitten myself and it did no good to my project, and I still
think we're not making this limitation clear enough. A log is quite
likely going to be noticed, and I see no harm in it; users could save
a lot of time; I see no reason to not warn?

Cheers,
Sanne