[infinispan-dev] Some flags are incompatible with implicit transactions

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Wed Dec 14 09:15:51 EST 2011

On 13 Dec 2011, at 19:08, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Slorg1 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I guess I will troll a little here but it seems to me that the
>> implicit transactions are the issue.
>>
>> What Galder suggested does makes sense( that you would want a failure
>> to put in the cache in some circumstances to have no incidence) but
>> some times if too many things are telling something does not make
>> sense and cannot be done right... maybe it just should not be (e.g.
>> implicit transactions).
>>
>> I know you feel strongly about the implicit transactions.
>
> I don't feel strongly about them at all. If someone does it, maybe that's Mircea.
Funny how my name appeared in this thread before me sending any emails.
autoCommit was added for backward compatibility and it can be disabled if not needed. The only issue I know about re:implicit transactions  is Slorg1's - as I mentioned several times, I'm more than happy to look at Slorg1's issue once there's a JIRA(a UT would be nice as well) as I really don't understand what the exact problem is.