[infinispan-dev] DistributedExecutionCompletionService 2.0

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 14:44:50 EST 2011

Hey,

One of the users rightfully asked for extension of
DistributedExecutionCompletionService to include task submission to
cluster of nodes - http://community.jboss.org/thread/175686?tstart=0

Galder and I debated the resulting
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/722 and have concluded
that we want to capture the added methods in
DistributedCompletionService<V> which extends JDK's
CompletionService<V>. The problem is that
DistributedCompletionService<V> is exactly the same as
DistributedExecutorService but without generics twist. So we end up with
essentially duplicate interface.

Now, ideally we could have DistributedExecutionCompletionService simply
implement DistributedExecutorService and CompletionService but compiler
does not allow us to have generics based
DistributedExecutionCompletionService implementing non-generics based
DistributedExecutorService with the same method definitions.

Any suggestions?

Vladimir