[infinispan-dev] New partial replication protocol providing serializability guarantees in Infinispan

Paolo Romano romano at inesc-id.pt
Tue Dec 20 13:07:28 EST 2011

On 12/18/11 9:45 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2011, at 11:46, Sebastiano Peluso wrote:
>

>>  - About JTA semantics, what do you mean by the term "full"? During
>> the integration of GMU, we have not changed the way a transaction was
>> already managed in Infinispan (e.g. 2-PC, interaction between
>> Transaction Manager and XAResource), so I think that the answer is
>> yes. But since I have not a deep knowledge about JTA specification,
>> maybe there is some aspect that I have not considered.
>
> In that case, then yes, GMU will be JTA compliant.  Good.   :)
>
> What are your next steps with GMU?

Doing some additional scalability test (I want to see it running with
100 nodes or more!!), but first we need to finalize work on a
deliverable due the first days of January.

Of course, we would be glad to contribute it to Infinispan! In order to
ease integration, my plan is to rebase it on 5.1 as soon as we finish
the work on the replication/distribution protocols using total-order
multicast/broadcast.

With some luck, this work should all be ended on time for the next
Cloud-TM meeting in London (Jan 10).

Cheers,

     Paolo