[infinispan-dev] inefficient usage of CacheLoader with REPL

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Dec 21 05:10:41 EST 2011

On 21 December 2011 08:53, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:
> Sanne, what if the previous value has been evicted or passivated? In case of a shared cache store, one of them could go, retrieve the old value and return it. If the cache store is not shared, they could all end up doing it.

Sharp points. If eviction is enabled, I'd assume that we don't need to
provide strong guarantees on the data and a return value of null is
acceptable.
But in my case I'm only having CacheLoader(s) enabled as write-through
backup, and caches don't have any passivation or eviction; more
importantly, the value is available in the local cache so no need to
ask remote nodes to look into their stores as the local one is
supposedly in sync with the rest of the world.