[infinispan-dev] inefficient usage of CacheLoader with REPL

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Dec 21 05:14:26 EST 2011

On 21 December 2011 09:51, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Galder, Sanne, the actual implementation of ReplicationInterceptor
> does ignore the values returned by the remote nodes already - it
> always returns the local previous value.
>
> We also skip serializing/deserializing the response value, see
> DefaultResponseGenerator.
>
> The only thing missing is skipping the cache loader call, and we can
> do that by setting the SKIP_CACHE_LOADER flag in
> ReplicationInterceptor for the replicated CRUD commands.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Dan, thanks for looking. So it ignores the return values: wouldn't it
be more efficient to ask the remote node to not serialize it at all in
first place?
I mean ReplicationInterceptor should send over both
Flag.SKIP_CACHE_LOAD (*not* X_LOAD) and Flag.SKIP_REMOTE_LOOKUP
on any write operation.

Cheers,
Sanne