[infinispan-dev] Distributed execution framework - API proposal(s)

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Wed Jan 5 10:21:09 EST 2011

These two approaches are not mutually exclusive. Here is what we can do.
We can have a very simple "execute this runnable on remote nodes and
collect results" model as an infrastructure for a higher layer
map/reduce you proposed Manik. That way we cover both ends - a simple
execution model on remote nodes for a given input data set and a more
sophisticated, original map/reduce model built on top of it. Users can
choose what fit their needs best. I can definitely see a need arising
for both of these approaches.

WDYT?