[infinispan-dev] ISPN 200

Israel Lacerra israeldl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:47:06 EST 2011

I've pushed some code in https://github.com/israeldl/infinispan/

This is not the final version. Is just to you take a look and tell me what
you think. This commit have some problems (I'm fighting with Git yet).
Ignore the changes in demos/*.

To use the distributed query, we have to call
QueryFactory.getDistributedQuery.

There must be a lot things that I have to improve in the code, but I hope it
is not in a totally wrong way!

Some thoughts:
- In the QueryBox, I made a simple eviction policy, and probably not the
best. I maintain up to 300 lazyIterators. What you think is a good policy??
- To make the sort, I had to force the fields used in that sort to implement
Comparable. I could not use comparator methods behind the Sort class of
Lucene. One option would be to create another way to user create the sort
method and then from there we would create the lucene Sort. What you think?
- I created a ClusteredQueryFacade on org.infinispan.commands, because I
initialize this command in CommandsFactoryImpl.initializeReplicableCommand.
There is a better way??
- The sort is made in a naive way. If we have too many nodes, probably we
will have problems. Should I improve this? In a real case, the number of
nodes will be too big?

thanks!

Israel