[infinispan-dev] Distributed execution framework - API proposal(s)

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 14:28:58 EST 2011

On 11-01-05 3:39 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

>> Awesome! I love this fluent API proposal!
>>

> Cool.  Then if this is the case lets stick with the fluent API - I
> think it would make life much easier for developers.
>
> --
> Manik Surtani

Proposal Manik and I talked about is here
https://github.com/vblagoje/infinispan/commit/59b0c3cb78bce70fdcd49d2d36f68de110944fc6

I have slightly changed it to better match map/reduce paradigm described
here http://labs.google.com/papers/mapreduce.html
Therefore, we now have both map/reduce and a more simple "execute this
task unit on remote nodes and return results" proposal.
Users might not like number of type parameters in MapReduceTask. I
wanted to be as precise as possible to begin with and we can discuss how
and if to reduce them.
Example for map/reduce is WordCountExample.java. Have a look.

I put a proposal in distexec package. I wanted to have parent package to
branch from. We need to accommodate simple execution model, map/reduce,
various execution policies and so on. They could not fit all in
mapreduce package and its children. Hence distexec package. If you think
you have better name - speak up.

Regards,
Vladimir