[infinispan-dev] Amanuensis: the infinispan clustered indexwriter

Tristan Tarrant tristan.tarrant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 04:05:18 EST 2011

Dear all,

just wanted to let you know that I have published Amanuensis on GitHub:
https://github.com/tristantarrant/amanuensis

As the subject says, Amanuensis is a clustered IndexWriter for Infinispan's
Lucene Directory which overcomes the usual limitation of having only one
writer open at any one time on a Directory by using JGroups muxed channels
to stream changes from the slaves to the coordinator.

I have to thank Sanne for help in learning about JGroups muxed channels and
also for pointing me at Hibernate Search's backend. My approach is nearly
identical, but I wanted something that was a bit closer to a Lucene
IndexWriter.

Tell me what you think.

Tristan