[infinispan-dev] Amanuensis: the infinispan clustered indexwriter

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:31:02 EST 2011

Hi Tristan,
thank you very much, this is looking great; indeed I see some familiar
patterns, but also some interesting new approaches.

Some doubts:
1) I see you don't depend on the mux implementation
org.jboss.ha.core.channelfactory.MuxChannel but in the one provided in
jgroups. I was recommended to use
org.jboss.ha.core.channelfactory.MuxChannel, but don't remember the
reason, if any it might be outdated. Did you find out there's no need
for this additional dependency?

2) Could you clarify the licensing, I'd like to reuse some of this
code if possible.
I hope it will be Hibernate Search compatible, also because I see you
copied some code.. could you then restore the original @authors where
due? (I might be wrong and didn't check in depth, just the methods in
ExecutorContext look very similar to Search's Workspace. Actually it
seems you was inspired by an older copy, while some bugs where now
fixed *1, so you might as well want to depend on that code instead, to
get more fixes in future).

3) I can't compile it:
Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
net.dataforte:dataforte-parent:pom:6

4) I'd recommend you to make the IndexOperation implementations
immutable, it seems you're suffering a bit from index visibility.

5) No tests ? :P

*1 exceptions in backend threads wheren't guaranteed to be handled and
could kill your helpers - seems you're affected too.

Cheers,
Sanne