[infinispan-dev] MurmurHash fixes

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 03:36:01 EST 2011

I'd favor not including it, unless it's a standalone small JAR. You guys
know my stance: we're already including way too much in Infinispan,
let's not make it worse...

Anyway, David, have you checked distribution created with Hadoop's
murmur hash impl ? It is more or less even ? What cluster sizes did you
test on ?

In any case, let's run RadarGun with Hadoop's murmur hash a few times,
and see what the distribution (and, I hope, consequently) the
performance is...

Of couse, this assumes uneven distribution leads to bad performance...

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team