[infinispan-dev] ISPN-863 - Thoughts / Questions

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 03:40:37 EST 2011

Excellent, memory based eviction is very important ! This has been on
the todo list for years !

One thing you might want to think about is - *in addition* to what you
say below - whether you want to add an OOME handler, which evits on OOME
caused by putXXX() methods.

For example, you could wrap all methods which add to the map to catch
OOMEs. When this is the case, kick off the eviction handler to evict
elements immediately. Kind of like a second line of defense against OOMEs...

WDYT ?

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team