[infinispan-dev] Distributed execution framework - API proposal(s)

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 04:47:09 EST 2011

On 11-01-13 2:55 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
> I had a look, still have a few concerns:
>
> * Why do we still have DistributedTaskContext?
> * Factory should probably not be genericised.  E.g.,
>
> interface DistributedCallableFactory {
> 	DistributedCallable<K, V, T>  createDistributedCallable(Cache c, EmbeddedCacheManager ecm);
> }
>
> but then again that will depend on what you think re: my proposal to make this look like an ExecutorService (see separate email)
>
> The M/R stuff looks good.  :)
>
> Cheers
> Manik
>
> On 13 Jan 2011, at 16:40, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

Having DistributedExecutorService does not remove a need for
DistributedTask. I would keep both and have them co-exist in our
framework. Users really need settings for distributed execution policies
(cancellation, fail-over, etc etc) provided by DistributedTask.

But yes there is also a need for simple execute and forget API provided
by ExecutorService. We can have distributed executor that executes
Callable and DistributedCalllable and assumes default distributed
execution policies.

Cheers,
Vladimir