[infinispan-dev] Logging in Infinispan

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Jan 25 15:29:25 EST 2011

Guys,

Our current Log impl allows for string formatting, using params like

	log.info("This is a {0} with some {1}", "string", "words")

originally inspired by the Seam logger.  IMO we should switch to using a more standard form of parameterisation, as used by the JDKs String.format() - as well as in many other languages including C and Python:

	log.info("This is a %s with some %s", "string", "words")

This will be more consistent with String.format() used elsewhere (e.g., generating exception messages).  A quick search and replace in the codebase will take care of this.  Opinions?

Cheers
Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani