[infinispan-dev] Alert from a failing test

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Jul 4 04:07:27 EDT 2011

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1216

>>> Back to the original problem, if this was a stream corruption issue
>>> I'd expect a lot more instances of deserializing errors because the
>>> length of the buffer was smaller/larger than the number of bytes
>>> following it and the next object to be deserialized from the stream
>>> found garbage instead.
>>>
>>> This looks to me more like an index segment has been created with size
>>> x on node A and also on node B, then it was updated with size y > x on
>>> node A but only the metadata got to node B, the segment's byte array
>>> remained the same.
>>>
>>> I don't know anything about the Lucene directory implementation yet,
>>> so I have no idea if/how this could happen and I haven't been able to
>>> reproduce it on my machine. Is there a way to see the Jenkins test
>>> logs?
>>
>> There's the console log in http://goo.gl/JFh5R but if this happens relatively often in the Lucene dir impl, we could create a small jenkins run and pass a -Dlog4j.configuration configuring TRACE to be printed on console. The testsuite is small and would not generate a lot logging. There's always a change of not encountering the issue when TRACE is enabled, particularly if it's a race condition, but I think it's worth doing. IOW, I can set it up.
>>

> It would be great if you could set it up. It's not happening on every
> run though, so is it possible to configure jenkins to repeat it until
> it gets a failure?

https://infinispan.ci.cloudbees.com/job/Infinispan-lucene-master-TRACE/4/

That job's running the lucene directory testsuite with an log4j configuration file with TRACE enabled on org.infinispan

So far I've been able to direct that to the console but I'm checking the CB guys to see if that can be directed to a separate file.

The log4j configuration file used is located in the private area which is also referenced in https://docspace.corp.redhat.com/docs/DOC-68565

>>> Dan

>> --
>> Galder Zamarreño