[infinispan-dev] Tidy up of forum + wiki

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 14:06:46 EDT 2011

All,

Today I have spent some time tidying up the wiki and forum.

Wiki
------

* All documentation articles have been moved to the "Infinispan Archive". This space is not generally writable by the community. Contact me if an article has been moved there by mistake
* The wiki "home page" is now the SBS document view, as all documents in the Infinispan space are wiki content (design docs, notes etc.). This means we no longer need to manually maintain a contents page for the wiki :-)

Forums

* All open questions older than 2 months have been marked as answered regardless of their status. This was necessary to give us a clean slate to work from.
* I have added http://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToAskAForumQuestion to encourage people to ask questions with all necessary info up front and also to mark questions as answered. This will appear as an "Announcement" when there are no other announcements showing as well.
* I have added guidance on how the community can contribute by answering questions https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Contributing+to+Infinispan#ContributingtoInfinispan-HelpingOthersOut - this section also addresses how we manage the forum. I will add sections on stackoverflow etc. here as I get to them ;-)
* I have asked the jboss.org team if we can have all discussions be questions, this will allow much easier tracking of "open user questions"

Core team, please can you go through the open questions we currently have (http://community.jboss.org/en/infinispan?view=discussions#/?filter=open) and try to answer any that are open. Some you may feel you have already answered and not seen any activity from the user for a couple of weeks. Feel free to mark these as "Assumed Answered".

Pete