[infinispan-dev] For Eclipse users: setup the annotation processors

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 07:56:08 EDT 2011

On 14 Jul 2011, at 12:34, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Yesterday during one of the changes I made about dependencies I
> removed the committed eclipse project file which setup the annotation
> processors for Eclipse,
> mainly because it was not valid anymore with the current dependencies.

Haha, I only added that about last week. It shows how poor the current approach for eclipse is :-(

Please make sure you add a note to the contribution guide to state how to set up annotation processing without this file present. You can find the current instructions in chapter 1.

> Fred Bricon from the JBoss Tools team is working on
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-8208, I've tested his work
> yesterday on both Infinispan and Hibernate projects: it's awesome, and
> the project will not need anything more than a standard maven project
> import to be setup properly.

This is a much better approach.