[infinispan-dev] transaction/query/mapreduce over hotrod

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Fri Jul 15 08:19:16 EDT 2011

On 15 Jul 2011, at 13:10, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Hi,
> in the case of Lucene Queries my main concern is about how to a) properly serialize the query b) how to stream the resusts back, possibly having some pagination / flow control.

If you want we can have a look together to see wether this can work for queries.
> I didn't look into hotrod sources, but I was not assuming the hard part would to make it possible to send some new commands So if that's all what is needed for transactions to work properly, can't you just add the commands before 5.1?

This approach has some limitations: only works with the java client, also doesn't support eager locking transactions, nor recovery/distributed tx.
Even so, I think it covers most of the transactional scenarios I've seen in the community.