[infinispan-dev] Transport related configuration timeouts

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 09:52:39 EDT 2011

On 11-06-06 6:06 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Hmmm, I don't think the replication timeout has an effect during state transfer. Repl timeout is for individual rpc calls.

It is, *however* repl timeout can cause state transfer to timeout due to
locking of that processing lock in DistSync and that is why I think
state transfer timeout has to be at least as long as repl timeout.

> Rehashing on the other hand is RPC based but the timeout is controlled by rehashRpcTimeout. Not sure what replTimeout has to do here.

You are right. One can explicitly set rehashRpcTimeout to less than
replTimeout and that is ok.

> Apart from that, another suggestion:
>
> flushLockTimeout<  shutDownTimeout (async)<  *cacheStopTimeout*

Yep that one makes sense. Let's put this verification code in and things
will clear up further as we go along.
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1153