[infinispan-dev] Defining new commands in modules

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jun 9 09:46:47 EDT 2011

On 9 Jun 2011, at 09:23, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> We don't check for ranges either anywhere else.
>
> We could also use markers to limit the duplicate checks. IOW, use a marker to define internal commands (0) and another for externally defined user commands (1). So, then the duplicates would be check in each scope. The scope of finding duplicates in internal commands is there. So, we'd only need to check duplicates within user defined commands.

Either way, this is hardly an expensive process, and only happens once at startup.

Hmm, a check is in place, to check for some custom modules against other custom modules, but this check does not test against core command ids.  :-)

https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/util/ModuleProperties.java#L221

So the JIRA really should be to enhance this check.

- Manik
manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani