[infinispan-dev] Adaptive marshaller buffer sizes - ISPN-1102

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 07:15:53 EDT 2011

+1.

There is also something else I wanted to bring to your attention. When
you pass reference byte[] BUF to JGroups, JGroups will store BUF in the
org.jgroups.Message MSG.

MSG is subsequently stored in the retransmission table of NAKACK.

If you now modify the contents of BUF, you will modify a subsequent
potential retransmission of MSG as well !

I don't think this is done currently (Infinispan uses a new buffer every
time), but just make sure buffer reuse doesn't get rolled into a new
design...

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team