[infinispan-dev] Slight change to NBST

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 03:52:31 EDT 2011

Hey Vladimir,

Couple of things, did you consider putting that logic in JGroupsTransport rather than RpcManagerImpl? It looks to be more suited for the first since it's something specific about the transport.

I think the logic looks cleaner now with mimicPartialFlushViaRPC(stateSender, false) called within a finally section.

Cheers,

On Jun 14, 2011, at 9:32 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Since we had some problems with state transfer and udp exposed recently
> [1] I've been experimenting with various solutions ever since. The
> problem is essentially rooted at the fact that we are not respecting
> JGroups state transfer callback contract by invoking rpcs from setState.
>
> Rpc in question is flipping the gate in JGroupsDistSync(see
> StateTransferManagerImpl#mimicPartialFlushViaRPC). I think we can safely
> move this rpc to just prior state request is sent to state provider and
> to right after state transfer is completed [2].
>

> I wanted to check with people who designed NBST if this change would be
> causing a problem. With this change I am getting clean runs in both udp
> and tcp testsuite.
>
> Let me know,
> Vladimir
>
> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1160