[infinispan-dev] new context Flag: SKIP_INDEXING

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Jun 16 14:48:52 EDT 2011

Hello all,
I was having a quick look into
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1179

to see if I could get a solution in tomorrow's release; The problem is
that during preload from a cacheloader, the entries are added into the
caches as if they where just "put", and so they will be added again to
the index: I need some way to notify the QueryInterceptor that this
operation needs to be skipped.

https://github.com/Sanne/infinispan/commit/a1d279c16de2af0f3ff6475b1610f4b3e0eb6829#L1R162

I've already sent a pull request, but since I'm proposing a new Flag
in the core module I wanted to raise some more comments about it.

In the testcase I could see that a standard evict/reload does not
trigger the same behaviour, so I guess it's totally possible to change
the CacheLoaderManagerImpl in such a way that this doesn't look like a
put, but I think that having the SKIP_INDEXING flag around could be
very usefull for all Query users: in Hibernate Search it's a
frequently requested feature (which was not yet implemented as it's
not that simple in that case).

Cheers,
Sanne