[infinispan-dev] Alert from a failing test

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Sat Jun 18 15:18:09 EDT 2011

Hello all,
I'm not in state to fully debug the issue this week, but even though
this failure happens in the Lucene Directory it looks like it's
reporting an issue with Infinispan core:

https://infinispan.ci.cloudbees.com/job/Infinispan-master-JDK6-tcp/90/org.infinispan$infinispan-lucene-directory/testReport/junit/org.infinispan.lucene/SimpleLuceneTest/org_infinispan_lucene_SimpleLuceneTest_testIndexWritingAndFinding/

In this test we're writing to the index, and then asserting on the
expected state on both nodes, but while it is successful on the same
node as the writer, it fails with
"java.io.IOException: Read past EOF" on the second node.

This exception can mean only one thing: the value, which is a
buffer[], was not completely transferred to the second node, which
seems quite critical as the caches are using sync.
I can't reproduce the error locally, but it's not the first time it is
reported by CI: builds 60, 62, 65 for example (and more) show the same
testcase fail in the same manner.

Cheers,
Sanne