[infinispan-dev] benchmarking transactions

Mark Little mlittle at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 11:19:03 EDT 2011

But are you using JBossTS or DummyTransactionManager?

Mark.

On 13 Jun 2011, at 17:00, Mircea Markus wrote:

> Issue solved: the code that measured transaction performance was wrong.
> On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:57, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> I noticed you used the DummyTransactionManager.  May be better to use JBossTS for a more realistic test?
>>
>> Also where in your test do you bypass starting and committing transactions?  Is this in the radargun code?  Since the cfg alone won't do it for you.
> I've enhanced radargun to do this: https://github.com/radargun/radargun/pull/20
>>
>> On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:34, Mircea Markus wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> These are some preliminary figures from transaction benchmarking. The weird thing is that performance fro a transactional put is much better (5-10 times) than for a non transactional one. Even if I set the syncCommitPhase to true that still stands.
>>> Each transaction only spreads over one write.
>>>
>>> Config used: http://bit.ly/k59giN
>>>
>>> I'll try to give it a try locally and let you know about the findings.
>>>
>>> <tx_benchmark.png>_______________________________________________
>>> infinispan-dev mailing list
>>> infinispan-dev at lists.jboss.org
>>
>> --
>> Manik Surtani
>> manik at jboss.org
>> twitter.com/maniksurtani
>>
>> Lead, Infinispan
>> http://www.infinispan.org

---
Mark Little
mlittle at redhat.com

JBoss, by Red Hat
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903 Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons (USA) and Brendan Lane (Ireland).