[infinispan-dev] Issue posted for JBoss Logging and slf4j

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:07:47 EDT 2011

Hi Jeff

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Jeff Ramsdale <jeff.ramsdale at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBLOGGING-65 to address an
> issue I've run into converting to Infinispan 5.0.0.CR5. The issue
> concerns the switch to JBoss Logging and its failure to support
> log4j-over-slf4j, a jar provided by slf4j to adapt log4j events and
> route them to slf4j.
>
> JBoss Logging doesn't detect that org.apache.log4j.LogManager is
> provided by the log4j-over-slf4j jar and selects the
> Log4jLoggerProvider instead of the Slf4jLoggerProvider.
>
> I still haven't nailed down what's going on with logging in Infinispan
> 5.0.0 but I'm not getting any logging output and have run into several
> issues. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1177 as well (it
> seems Maven 3 is required to build Infinispan 5?). I have concerns
> that folks converting from 4.x will have issues as I have and wanted
> to raise a red flag before release. Anybody else seeing a degradation
> in logging behavior?

I'm building Infinispan with Maven 2.2.1 on Fedora 14 and it works fine.
I haven't noticed ISPN-1177 before, but I do get the error from time
to time when I build from IntelliJ, because the IntelliJ compiler
doesn't do annotation processing (or at least I haven't been able to
configure it properly).
Then when you run 'mvn install' maven sees that the class is up to
date and doesn't run annotation processing either. Running 'mvn clean
install' usually sorts everything out.

Dan